- Use the standard 3 x 5 index card
- You can pick your own scripture. OR
- Copy and paste the suggested scripture provided at the beginning of each post. Or click on the Biblegate.com link for other versions. Create an index card that looks like this:
Psalm 119:11 (KJV)
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against you.
- Use clear packing tape or clear contact paper to adhere scripture onto card. Later, you can add another scripture on the reverse side and seal both sides.
- Don’t laminate your cards so you can make notes on them. For instance, you can put the date and reasons for selecting the verse. You can also note how God uses the verse in your life. Thus, you will have written records of God’s faithfulness during hard times. These cards will become treasured keepsakes and serve as landmarks in your walk with God.
Tips on memorizing scripture using SMCs:
- Recite the verse reference (for example: “Psalm 119:11”)
- Recite the verse
- Recite verse reference, again
Consider keeping a Scripture Memory Cards (SMC) with you throughout the day. It provides an easy meditation tool while waiting in long lines, at red lights, or any time you need His presence.