|Photo by Alyssa Rees (Flickr)|
Here’s the next verse:
Psalm 1:2 New International Version (NIV)
but whose delight is in the law of the LORD,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
Psalm 1:2 Amplified Bible (AMP) (for meditation purposes)
But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.
Here’s the method I use most often to memorize scripture. (You will find several fun ways to memorize verses, alone or with other people, on the “Tips on Memorizing Scripture” tab, located under the blog’s header.)
When using Scripture Memory Cards (SMCs):
1. Recite the verse reference (for example: “Psalm one, verse two”)
2. Recite the verse
3. Recite verse reference, again
Repeat this process three times during one sitting every day, looking at the verse less and less each time. Most likely, you’ll have it memorized within a week!
How are you doing?
- How did you do with the first verse of Psalm 1? Memorized it, yet—even imperfectly?
- Which part(s) of the first two verses do you love most?
- Will memorizing scripture enable you to delight more in God’s ways?
- What is your favorite way to memorize (or meditate on) scripture?